Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tee Shirt Totes

I had my very first craft show a few weeks ago. It didn't go so well. In fact, I didn't sell anything. But, in the shows defense, it was freezing, windy, and I didn't really have that much product. I had set up what little I did have in my friend's booth, and she didn't do well either. I know it's not the product, it was just the circumstance. It was certainly a learning experience. I know that my product is worth sticking with it. So, here was my process in producing a dozen bags in only a few days.


I started by ironing all my fabric...including the tee shirts....and hung them on hangers (from my chin-up bar).

Next, I matched the lining fabric with the tee material I wanted it to go with, cut up all the pieces, and put THOSE together.



Finally, I sewed all the pieces together and did some minor finishing. They turned out pretty awesome. In a few days, you will see them available in my Etsy store!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them in your shop! :) Get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Are they the size of the one you gave me or are they bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are about the same size! Each one is a little different because I cut them to fit the graphic on the front. I'll make sure to put dimensions in my listings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I have Sunday off, so I was planning on doing pics then!

    ReplyDelete