Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fall colors afghan

Recently, my friend, Wondra Vanian,  came hime from wales to visit.  As a welcome home gift, I bought her a couple skeins of Bernat Softee Chunky-one in pumpkin, and one in dark taupe.   She was born on Halloween,  so to say that Halloween is her favorite holiday is an understatement.  The idea behind the colors was to give her some fall colors to remind her of home.  I quickly fell in love with this cheap acrylic yarn, and the ideas started flying through my head.   So, I bought myself four fall colors and started crocheting.   Unfortunately,  bernat didn't have a good green color, so I got a skein of Loin Brand Hometown USA super bulky yarn in Oklahoma City Green.  That yarn is a bit softer, but just a little more expensive (we're talking about $.50 a skein...which isn't much,  but when you're buying a ton of yarn it adds up,  and I'm on a budget! ) I bought one of each color,  and I figured that would keep me busy for at least a couple weeks because of my work schedule...at LEAST until payday so I could buy more.  You'd think that's what would have happened...it took me about two hours to crochet through ALL FOUR SKEINS.  But, I'm excited about the project.   At the moment, I can only afford four skeins per check,  so the blanket is taking a while.   So here's what I have so far:


After I ran out of yarn,  I still wanted to crochet,  so I made these from a pattern I found on ravelry.com:  

They keep my hands warm at work while I type.  I'll post more pics of the Afghan as it grows.  In the meantime, have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment