Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What a Cold Day

We had (and are still having) our first real snow of the season! I would love to say I hate the snow, but that's only true when I'm driving in it...I think the snow is beautiful. Especially the snow of an evening snowstorm still untouched by footprints and snow plows! Very peaceful. So, with snowy days come (naturally) craft days. Here's what I did today...


These bracelets remind me of something you would see on a yogi (not during a yoga session, of course!). They are made of braided cord, wooden beads on the right and metal painted beads on the left, and finished off with button toggles. I added a charm that says "hand made with love" for what turned out as a very pretty touch. I found the tutorial here...but didn't want to use leather....but, thankfully I'm a craft supply hoarder and had everything I needed on hand..including animal friendly cord.

I found this post about sleeping with a sock bun in your hair to get gorgeous waves for an easy, no fuss do. But my hair is not quite long enough for a sock bun...plus I was impatient and wanted a faster way of doing it...this is what I thought of...but I didn't think about taking a picture of the finished product before I took the next picture, so my cute curls became a frizzy mess once I came back in!

This is the kind of snow I was talking about in the beginning of this post. It's a heavy snow that muffles any sound that may be out there...not that there were many cars out tonight...everyone is tucked safely away in their nice warm homes, dreading the drive into work in the morning. (I don't work though, so I won't have to worry about it!) It was such a peaceful, calming moment that I didn't want to come back in! Unfortunately, my camera was getting wet, so I had to come back in...but I will be making another trip outside very shortly to enjoy the peace, sans camera, of course.

And to warm up, I made a nice steaming hot pot of coffee...the nectar of the gods.

2 comments:

  1. There is a lot more snow now!

    I am jealous of your snow-induced crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do the buns again so we can see an after photo.

    ReplyDelete