Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas is here...

Wow!  This year has gone by fast!  I'm not saying that I can't wait until it's over.  This year can, without a doubt, be considered the worst year of my life.  Those who know me know that I have been through considerable loss this year.  But, it's almost over, and on December 31st, the slate is wiped clean.  

So, instead of dwelling on my circumstances and things that can't be changed, I've issued myself an almost impossible challenge.  I want to start getting my etsy shop up and running, so I'm using this month to get used to utilizing my time to make as many handmade items as I possibly can.  So, the challenge is to make three scarves, two hats, and possibly a couple aprons by the 21st.  I'm really hoping that I surprise myself and I hit my goal so I can surpass it.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could start stocking my etsy?

Here is a sneak peek of project number 1:  


I can't tell you who it's for yet...for obvious reasons.  I decided to go with the Red Heart yarn because of the cheapness factor, but I'm not 100% on it yet.  It's a little on the scratchy side, and I don't care for the sheen cheep acrylic yarn has, but over all, it's nice.  In any event, if I really can't stand it, I can redo it because it's a very quick knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment